Restrictions & Requirements
The adventure challenge programs at the Canopy Challenge Course at Fall Creek Falls are designed for participants in moderate to good health with average to good mobility.
Treetop Obstacle Course & Climbing
- All participants must agree to and sign a participant agreement. Participants under the age of 18 must have a signed agreement by a parent or legal, court-assigned guardian. A link is provided in the e-mail to complete online or download and print here.
- Programs begin promptly! We require that you arrive 15-30 minutes in advance of your scheduled departure time. Refunds will not be provided for guests who arrive late or fail to show. All departures are from the Canopy Challenge Course at Fall Creek Falls Welcome Center located within Fall Creek Falls State Park, at 1997 Village Camp Rd, Spencer, TN 38585 (located just west of the swimming pool in the main park village). Map and directions are available here.
- All of our courses incorporate short nature walks at various inclines on unpaved trails, which participants must be able to complete.
- Participants must be able to understand and comply with instructions in English or bring their own translator.
- Sturdy, closed-toe shoes are required.
- You must weigh between 40 and 275 lbs, and must fit properly into the harness and other protective equipment.
- Minimum Height: 54 inches standing with both feet flat on the ground; Participants who do not stand at least 54 inches in height must be accompanied by an adult and can only complete the Junior Challenge Course.
- Age Requirements: Ages 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult on the course. Ages 4 to 7 years must be accompanied by an adult on the course and are limited to the Junior Challenge Course and Climbing Adventure.
- Supervision: Children less than 13 years of age must be directly supervised on the course by a parent or assigned adult. Adults must stay within one element of the child they are supervising at all times. Each adult (18 years or older) may directly supervise either:
- Two children, ages 8-12 years, who both stand at least 54 inches in height and act independently; or
- One child, age 8-12 years, who does not stand 54 inches in height or cannot act independently; or
- One child, ages 4-7 years
- Demo Course: Prior to embarking on the course proper, participants must demonstrate the dexterity to transfer their SmartBelay lanyard and the ability to observe and respond to guide signals.
- Private Guides: Private guides are available with adequate notice based on staff availability. Please call our office at (615) 499-5779 for more information PRIOR to booking.
You Cannot Participate If You:
- Are under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs, or legal drugs that impair you in any way
- Are pregnant or think you might be pregnant
- Have recent or recurring neck, back, or musculoskeletal injuries
- Have epilepsy or seizure disorders that do not permit you to drive
- Suffer from a heart condition that may require immediate medical attention
While the nature of our adventure challenge activities requires certain restrictions to be assigned to protect the public, we are often able to accommodate individuals outside of these parameters with advanced notice and approval from the Course Manager. We cannot, however, accommodate individuals who are beyond our maximum weight limit. Please contact us with questions, special needs, or if you need to hire an additional guide.
We operate the Canopy Challenge Course Fall Creek Falls Treetop Adventure Park rain or shine. Rarely must tours/programs be canceled due to inclement weather.
During periods of electrical storms or high winds, we will first delay the tour or program. Cancellations are a last option and are solely at the General Manager’s discretion. In the event that we must cancel a tour or program, we will provide you the option of a prorated refund or reschedule you.
If you have questions about the weather, please call. We will only call you if we know the tour or program you are scheduled on will definitely need to be canceled or rescheduled.
Payment in full is due at time of reservation for all but large group programs. Terms will be established in advance for group programs and a non-refundable deposit will be required.
If you need to cancel your reservation:
- Individuals and groups of less than 10: Cancellation requests made more than 72 hours before the scheduled departure will result in rescheduling of booking, a gift certificate, or refund less 20% booking fee.
- Groups of 10 or more: Cancellation requests made more than seven days before the scheduled departure will result in rescheduling of booking (within 365 days), a group credit, or refund less 20% booking fee. No refunds or date changes are available with less than seven days notice. Final group counts are due no later than 48 hours in advance of the program date. Groups will be charged for the greater of the confirmed count or the number of participants who participate on the day of the program.
- Cancellation and rescheduling requests must be made by calling our offices between 9am and 6pm. You are responsible for confirming contact.
- Participants should carefully review all program requirements and restrictions prior to booking. In booking, group leaders and all participants acknowledge that the final screening process will take place on site upon arrival. Canopy Challenge Course staff are authorized to deny any guest participation if they fail to meet any of the participation requirements or if it is deemed they might pose a risk to themselves, other members of the group, or our staff. No refunds will be issued if participants are denied access to the course for failure to meet screening or participation requirements (including weight and height limits), choose to depart the course early, or are removed from the course for their inability to follow guide instructions or to participate safely.
- No-Shows: Participants with reserved bookings who fail to show at least 15 minutes before their reserved time and provide no prior notice of cancellation are liable for the entire fee. This policy applies to all participants, whether their tickets were paid for individually or as a part of a group. No-shows or late arrivals are not eligible for refund, credit, gift certificate, rescheduling or any other reimbursement.